In this category we present strictly decorative axes. DO NOT use as battle-ready the axes in this category. The axe has many forms and specialised uses but generally consists of an axe head with a handle, or helve. The Greeks hardly used them and the Romans used them to cut the hands and legs of the auxiliary troops. It was also a weapon for the Germans and the Franks, and in the Middle Ages was in vogue in European armies. By the mid to late seventeenth century ceased to be a popular weapon of combat in Europe.
<p>These axes can be used for cutting. The axe has many forms and specialised uses but generally consists of an axe head with a handle, or helve. The Greeks hardly used them and the Romans used them to cut the hands and legs of the auxiliary troops. It was also a weapon for the Germans and the Franks, and in the Middle Ages was in vogue in European armies. By the mid to late seventeenth century ceased to be a popular weapon of combat in Europe.</p>
In Stock: 2 un.
In Stock: 1 un.
What is an axe?
An axe is a tool which has two parts, a bladed-edge and a handle. It is used to cut wood, above all the one who comes from trees. Its origine is placed in the Middle Age, viking period, where it was used as a tool and as a war weapon.
Types of axes
Axes can be used in many situations, some of them related to work and others do not. Here you are a list of goals in which axes can be utilised.
- War Axe: It was commonly used in ancient times, we can classify them as thwowing axes (tomahawk) and hand combat axes.
- Firefighter Axe: Firefighters uses them when it is necessary to release someone, for example, for breaking doors and obstacles.
- Woodcutter Axe: As its name indicates, is the most used tool by woodcutters.
- Sport Axe: it is used for rural sports and sometimes for chasing big animals.
- Tactical Axe: We usually keep it in a bag during outing activities, due to its multiple uses, cut wood, ropes, start a fire... This type of axes have usually a piece made of flint, so they cam becomme essential for survival in nature.
Most of axes are shipped with a scabbard for keeping the blade in it.
Axes can be made of several material, in order to reinforce its effectiveness and durability
- Handle: an animal's horn, wood, string/rope, polupropylene..
- Head: carbon steel, stainless steel, bohler steel, molybdenum-vanadium...
It is the part of the axe placed in the other side of the edge, according to its shape it can have multiple fonctions.
- Pointed back-edge, the most known are the tomahak's model which can be droven almost everywhere. They can also be used to break ice.
- Glass-breaker back-edge, it normally shows a pointed back-edge.
- Back-edge with a hammer, which is usually utlised as a hammer.
- Back-edge to tear appart, whis is very common in axes used by hunters.
We have a huge variety of axes, of all them high quality and bladed-edge. Most of them are shipped with a scabbard for its blade, given that we can use them for leiseure activities, extreme sports... You must take acccount that items marked as available, will be shipped immediately. Do you have any further questions?