Good quality carbon steel blades, perfectly balanced well as being tempered to support fighting but with slightly less hardness. These models are usually more flexible and light.
They can only be used against swords in this category and if possible the same manufacturer. Never use these swords against Category A as they are susceptible to irreversible damage.
Recommended for ambitious beginners and professionals.
Blade hardness depends on the types and treatment of steel and they can be:
- Carbon steel EN45 heat treatment: 48-50 HRC
- Carbon steel AISI 1090: 48-50 HRC
- Carbon steel 1065: 50 HRC
- Carbon Steel 5160: 50 HRC
- Other types of steel: 44 HRC or greater
Full Tang: welded or screwed to the pommel
The use and enjoyment of any functional sword classified in any of the above categories will be personal and exclusive responsibility of the person using them.